Sunday, May 1, 2011

Yes, it's the second of the month, and...

My eyes have tears in them. 'My eyes,' I think, 'Is it hormones?'

I remember terrible fights with my father as a teenager. Him telling me to get on the pill already and that women become irrational on their periods. As if that were a bad thing. I hope he didn't mean to say those things, but what I took from those sayings was that being a woman meant being less than a man and being mental. It was something you had to carry around with you like a chip on your shoulder and fix at any given opportunity.

I've realized that men put so much effort into telling women what to do with their bodies and to "even out those hormones."

But you can't grow if you're too worried about having feelings at all.

My body is giving birth to me right now. I'm leaving the "I'm so awkward, no one loves me, and I'm cheap" feeling, to grow into more beautiful thoughts.

I'm experiencing an altered state, but the end result will be that I will have experienced all the negative thoughts and emotions I've had my entire life only to understand that they're so untrue and have no power over me.

I'll be done with the negativity.

Then I'll be ready to become multiple. This time is for shedding weakness.

2 comments:

  1. I get what you mean. I've had horrible experiences in the past where I've had guys basically say to me, "If you're on your period, I don't want you around me".

    I like this other way of thinking about moon cycles...with each full moon, a woman releases all the negativity that was inside her, sheds her skin and becomes new and fresh again.

    It's much better than crying and worrying that you're crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's important to own in. A lot of Native American women lived separately from men and I didn't understand that till now. It's actually spiritual and not because the men couldn't stand being around them.

    ReplyDelete